A Top CT
Breast Augmentation Near Daniels Mill
An Introduction to Breast Enlargement Surgery in Fairfield County
When the women of Fairfield County want to improve their appearance, Dr. CS Kim Plastic Surgery is the first place they contact. We offer an array of surgical and non-surgical treatments that are intended to enhance natural beauty and make you look and feel you’re very best. Of all the treatments our board-certified plastic surgeon provides, breast augmentation surgery is one of the most commonly requested. Dr. Kim uses the most advanced techniques and offers an assortment of breast implants in a variety of shapes and sizes, including saline, silicone, and gummy bear implants and uses the most advanced breast augmentation techniques and strategies to deliver fuller, natural-looking results. If you’re located in Daniels Mill, CT and you’re considering breast augmentation surgery near me, be sure to reach out to Dr. CS Kim Plastic Surgery to schedule a consultation. When you choose Dr. Kim for your breast enlargement surgery, you can have confidence knowing that your natural beauty will shine through.
What is Breast Enlargement Surgery?
Breast enlargement surgery – also known as breast augmentation or augmentation mammoplasty – is a cosmetic surgery procedure that increases the size and enhances the shape of the breasts with silicone or saline breast implants. The goal of breast implant surgery is to enhance a woman’s natural proportions and create a more balanced and visually appealing breast profile. The procedure is custom-tailored to meet each patient’s individual needs.
Breast enlargement surgery is one of the most effective ways to enhance the shape of the breasts and correct breast asymmetry (uneven breast size). Other reasons women of Fairfield County choose to have a breast augmentation include:
- To restore the fullness of their breasts after pregnancy and breastfeeding, weight loss, and as a result of aging.
- To feel more confident about their appearance.
- To balance their figure; particularly women who have curvy hips and smaller chests.
- To boost their self-image.
Breast Implant Options
Advances in cosmetic surgery mean that women have more choices now than ever before when it comes to breast implants. There are several different shapes and sizes available, which means you can really customize your look to meet your specific needs. Whether you’re looking to create dramatic curves or you want to restore the shape and size of your breasts to what they looked like when you were younger, you’ll be able to find the perfect option for you.
During your consultation with a cosmetic surgeon, you’ll discuss the following to determine which type of implants will best suit your needs:
- Filing. Breast implants are comprised of an outer shell that is filled with substance. That substance can be saline, silicone, or highly cohesive silicone gel (gummy bear implants). There is no “best” option, as each one offers different benefits. Your surgeon will explain the benefits of each type and help you select the one that will help achieve the look and feel you would like to create.
- Shape. When choosing your breast implants, shape is another important factor to consider. Typically, standard silicone and saline implants offer a more rounded shape, while gummy bear implants are available in either a teardrop or round shape. Rounded implants usually make the upper breasts look fuller and teardrop-shaped implants create a subtle slope-like look. When placed by a highly skilled and experienced Daniels Mill, CT plastic surgeon, both options can look very natural.
- Size. Breast implants are available in a wide range of sizes, from an A cup to a D cup or larger. In order to create a symmetrical look, many women in Fairfield County require two different sized breast implants. The size of the implants you choose will depend on the size of your natural breasts, the look you would like to achieve, and the recommendations of your surgeon.
How are Breast Implants Placed?
In order to place breast implants, your cosmetic surgeon will create a small incision in each breast. Once the incisions are made, a “pocket” will be created on top of or underneath the outermost muscle of the chest wall (the pectoral) and the implants will be placed in the pocket.
There are three different incision techniques that can be used to place breast implants:
- Inframammary. This incision is made in the inframammary fold, the crease under the breast. It leaves a thin scar of about 1 to 2 inches long that can be easily hidden.
- Periareolar. This incision is made around the edge of the areola and the scar is concealed by the pigmentation of the nipple.
- Transaxillary. This incision is made in the armpit the implant is placed using a special camera and tools. Because of the placement of the incision, the breast isn’t scarred.
Your Fairfield County plastic surgeon will recommend the best incision for your specific needs.
The Recovery Process
At one time, it took a significant amount of time to recovery from breast enlargement surgery. Thanks to the advances in cosmetic surgery, today, that is no longer the case. While recovery time does vary from patient to patient, generally, within six weeks, you should be able to return to your normal routine. The first few days after the surgery, you can expect some degree of discomfort and swelling; however, pain medications and ice packs can help to minimize both, as can sitting and sleeping in an upright position for the first two days after the surgery. You should also avoid strenuous activities and heavy lifting for up to three weeks following the procedure. Limiting how often you raise your arms over your head is also recommended. Depending on what you do for a living, you may be able to return to work within a week; if your job entails heavy lifting or strenuous activities, you may need to modify your duties or take off for a bit longer.
Once you are fully recovered, you can expect to enjoy fuller, smoother, and more balanced breasts.
A Brand New You is Just a Phone Call or Click Away!
To learn more about breast enlargement surgery, schedule an appointment with Fairfield County’s most trusted plastic surgeon: Dr. Kim of Dr. CS Kim Plastic Surgery. To schedule your private consultation, call 203-920-1444 or visitwww.CSKimPlastics.com and submit an online contact form.
- Learn more about Daniels Mill, CT 06840
- Open a Daniels Mill, CT map
- Find the Daniels Mill, CT United States Post Office
- Locate nearby Daniels Mill, CT pharmacies
- View the current Daniels Mill, CT weather report
- Browse a list of Daniels Mill, CT public and private schools
- Daniels Mill, CT is located in Fairfield county in Connecticut State