A Top CT
Plastic Surgeon Near Brooklawn Country Club
Breast Augmentation Surgeons Can Help to Enhance Your Appearance and Boost Your Confidence
Dr. CS Kim Plastic Surgery is a leading Fairfield County cosmetic surgery clinic. For more than 30 years, our board-certified cosmetic surgeon – Dr. Kim – has enhanced the appearance and boosted the self-confidence of hundreds of men and women throughout the Brooklawn Country Club, CT area. Dr. Kim specializes in a variety of cosmetic plastic surgery procedures and is considered one of the best breast reduction surgeons and tummy tuck surgeons in the region. With his high level of artistry and the customized approach he takes to each procedure he performs, our plastic surgeon can enhance your natural beauty, restore your youthfulness, and renew your confidence.
Breast Augmentation Explained
Medically referred to as an augmentation mammoplasty, breast augmentation is a cosmetic surgery procedure that is designed to improve the fullness and balance of the breasts. During the procedure, breast augmentation surgeons use breast implants or fat transfer to increase the size and/or enhance the shape of your natural breasts. This surgery can also restore the volume of your breasts after weight loss or pregnancy and can reconstruct breasts after a mastectomy.
Reasons to Consider a Breast Augmentation
Breast augmentation is a surgical procedure that changes your physical appearance. Therefore, the decision to have this procedure requires careful consideration. Some of the most common reasons why women decide to have breast augmentation include:
- To increase the size of their breasts because they are unhappy with their natural size.
- To restore the fullness of their breasts following pregnancy and breastfeeding or weight loss.
- To balance the shape and size of asymmetrical breasts.
- To restore their youthful appearance.
- To reconstruct their breasts after a single or double mastectomy.
- To enhance their self-confidence.
If one or more of the following applies to you, you may be a good candidate for breast augmentation surgery.
How to Find a Reputable Fairfield County Cosmetic Surgeon
The surgeon you choose to perform the procedure will have a direct impact on the results. To ensure you get the best results possible, you’ll want to find a board-certified physician who specializes in breast augmentation, has an excellent reputation and can provide results that align with your goals.
Ideally, you should arrange to meet with at least three breast augmentation surgeons who meet the above-mentioned credentials. During your initial consultation with each surgeon, you can expect to review your medical history (make sure you are open and honest about all questions you are asked relating to your physical health), why you want to have the procedure done, your goals, and what you hope to achieve. You can also expect to have the surgeons evaluate your breasts to assess their size and shape, the position of your nipples, areolas, and the overall position of your breasts, as well as the quality of your skin’s elasticity. This assessment, combined with the information your objective, will help the surgeons determine the best course of action to achieve the intended results.
During each consultation, make sure that you ask to see a collection of before and after pictures of other patients that the surgeons have performed breast augmentations on. Photos will allow you to better gauge the quality of their work and whether or not the results they have delivered with other patients align with your own goals.
Additionally, be sure to find out what you can expect during the procedure – which type of techniques the breast augmentation surgeons intend on using – and what you can expect during recovery.
After you have completed consultations with at least three surgeons, review the information you received to determine which physician will best meet your needs.
What to Expect During the Procedure
Breast augmentation can include a variety of different techniques. Your plastic surgeon will discuss which techniques he or she plans on using to deliver the results that you want to achieve. With that said, the procedure will be performed while you are under general anesthesia. The average breast augmentation takes about one to two hours to complete; however, do note that the specifics of your procedure will determine how long it will actually take. Again, your physician will be able to let you know approximately how long it will take to complete the procedure.
After your breasts have been resized, reshaped, and restructured, you will be brought to a recovery room, where you will remain until the anesthesia wears off. The surgeon will assess your incisions and will provide you with a detailed list of post-surgical instructions to facilitate a faster and more comfortable healing process.
What to Expect During Recovery
Recovery varies from person to person. Your doctor will be able to tell you exactly what you can expect during the recovery process. However, in general, you can expect to receive medications that will help ease any discomfort that you may experience. You will also be instructed to avoid heavy lifting, to keep activities to a minimum, and to rest, so as to avoid pain and potentially damaging the incisions. Your doctor will tell you exactly what to look for and when you should contact him or her. You’ll also likely have a few post-surgery appointments, during which your physician will assess how well you are recovering.
While it usually takes a few weeks to fully recover, most patients can return to work (depending on what they do for a living) a few days after the procedure.
Helpful Tips to Keep in Mind
The following tips can help you prepare for your breast augmentation:
- Arrange to have someone drive you home and stay with you a day or two after the procedure.
- Dress in loose-fitting, comfortable clothing on the day of the procedure and during the first few days post-surgery.
- Attend to any responsibilities that you may not be able to take care of during recovery; make sure household chores, grocery shopping, and work-related tasks are taken care of, for example.
- To facilitate faster healing, make sure to drink plenty of water during recovery.
- An upright position may be the most comfortable position to sit and sleep in. Choose a location – a recliner or a comfortable couch – that you can sit upright, as lying on your back or side may be uncomfortable.
- Be sure to freeze several ice packs before going in for the procedure. They can ease swelling and pain after the surgery.
Your doctor will provide you with any additional tips and information that you’ll need to know to prepare for your breast augmentation.
If You Want to Enhance Your Appearance and Boost Your Self-Confidence, Contact Dr. CS Kim Plastic Surgery Today!
If you’re considering a breast augmentation and you’re looking for a plastic surgeon near me in Brooklawn Country Club, CT, be sure to include Dr. CS Kim Plastic Surgery on your list of prospective physicians to contact. Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgeons and a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the Yale Plastic Surgery Society, and the American Medical Association, Dr. Kim has performed hundreds of breast augmentations during the course of his career and always delivers impeccable results.
To schedule an appointment for a consultation, please call 203-920-1444 or visitwww.CSKimPlastics.com. We look forward to helping you achieve a brand new you!
- Learn more about Brooklawn Country Club, CT 06812
- Open a Brooklawn Country Club, CT map
- Find the Brooklawn Country Club, CT United States Post Office
- Locate nearby Brooklawn Country Club, CT pharmacies
- View the current Brooklawn Country Club, CT weather report
- Browse a list of Brooklawn Country Club, CT public and private schools
- Brooklawn Country Club, CT is located in Fairfield county in Connecticut State