A Top CT
Tummy Tuck Near Silvermine
Top Reasons to Consider Stomach Plastic Surgery in Silvermine, CT
While your physical appearance doesn’t define who you are as a person, it does have a big impact on the way you look and feel. If you find your midsection less-than-desirable, you may be considering a tummy tuck. If so, and you live in Silvermine, CT, contact Dr. CS Kim Plastic Surgery. As a top-rated, board-certified tummy tuck surgeon with more than 30 years of experience, Dr. Kim has successfully transformed the lives of hundreds of patients with stomach plastic surgery. If you’re thinking about getting a full or mini tummy tuck near me, make sure to include Dr. CS Kim Plastic Surgery on your list of tummy tuck doctors to speak with.
What is a Tummy Tuck?
A tummy tuck procedure is a form of stomach plastic surgery. During this surgical process, excess skin and fat are removed from the belly, and weakened or loose abdominal muscles (fascia) are tightened. The objective of the procedure is to create a flatter, more toned, and more defined midsection.
There are two main types of stomach plastic surgery:
- Full tummy tuck. Medically known as a full or complete abdominoplasty, the objective of this procedure is to improve the appearance of the entire abdomen. A plastic surgeon removes excess fat and loose skin both from the upper and lower abdomen (above and below the bellow button). The abdominal wall muscles are also repaired. If you have lost an extensive amount of weight, if your stomach has become severely stretched out because of pregnancy, or if you have lost a considerable amount of elasticity in your skin because of aging, a full tummy tuck might be the right option for you.
- Mini tummy tuck. Formally referred to as a partial or mini abdominoplasty, a mini tummy tuck only focuses on the lower abdominal region, whereas a full abdominoplasty aims to repair both the lower and upper abdomen. During this procedure, excess fatty tissue is removed and excess skin and weakened fascia are repaired. A mini tummy tuck is less invasive than a full tummy tuck, and for most patients, the recovery time is faster. This form of stomach plastic surgery is ideal for women who have a “mom pooch” or women and men who only have excess skin and fat below their belly buttons.
Reasons to Consider Stomach Plastic Surgery in Fairfield County
The decision to have stomach plastic surgery is a personal one, and while women and men have different reasons for wanting to have a tummy tuck, here’s a look at some of the top reasons why patients throughout Silvermine, CT decide to have a full or mini-abdominoplasty.
- To achieve a flatter, more defined midsection. While a tummy tuck isn’t a replacement for diet and exercise, sometimes, a healthy lifestyle may not be enough to achieve a trim, toned midriff. Stomach plastic surgery can help you achieve that tighter, firmer stomach that you long for. A full or mini abdominoplasty removes stubborn fatty tissue, corrects loose skin, and repairs loose abdominal muscles. In other words, a tummy tuck can reshape the midsection and create a flatter, more defined midsection.
- To erase stretch marks. Stretch marks, also known as striae, are a scar on the surface of the skin. They can occur as a result of pregnancy and weight gain. As the skin and muscles in the stomach stretch, the dermis can tear, and that tearing creates discolored scars. Over time, the reddish, purplish color made fade, but the marks do not disappear completely. If your tummy is covered with unsightly stretch marks, stomach plastic surgery can erase them and improve the appearance of your abdominal skin.
- To remove scars from previous surgeries. If sutures or staples from a previous operation, such as a C-section, an abdominal hernia repair, or an appendectomy, a tummy tuck may be able to erase the scars that were left behind and restore the surface of your skin so that it appears smoother and more toned.
- To expand wardrobe selection. It might seem trivial, but excess skin and stubborn fatty in the abdominal region can limit your wardrobe. You may wear high-waist or stretchy pants and baggy shirts to conceal your belly. After a full or mini tummy tuck, you’ll be able to expand your wardrobe to include more form-fitting, revealing clothing.
- To improve your self-confidence. When you look good, you feel good, but if you have flabby skin, excess fat, stretch marks, and scars on your midsection, you might feel like you don’t look your best, which can have a negative impact on your self-confidence. Stomach plastic surgery can erase those problems on your tummy and make you feel better about your appearance and more confident in yourself.
Are You a Good Candidate for Stomach Plastic Surgery?
While a tummy tuck is a common procedure, it’s still surgery. You will be put under general anesthesia and the procedure can take a few hours to complete. Therefore, patients must meet some requirements in order to be considered a good candidate for abdominoplasty.
If the following apply to you, you will likely be considered a good candidate for stomach plastic surgery:
- You have loose abdominal skin
- You have excess belly fat
- Your abdominal muscles are weak
- Your overall health is good
- You are not excessively overweight
- You do not plan on losing a lot of weight in the future
- You do not intend on having more children
If you live in Fairfield County and think that stomach plastic surgery might be the right option for you, schedule consultations with tummy tuck doctors near me. During a consultation, you’ll learn more about the procedure and a physician will be able to determine if you are a good candidate for the procedure.
Look and Feel Your Best! Schedule a Consultation with Fairfield County’s Leading Tummy Tuck Surgeon
To learn more about stomach plastic surgery, the benefits it can provide, and whether this procedure is the right option for you, schedule an appointment with a leading Silvermine, CT plastic surgery center: Dr. CS Kim Plastic Surgery. Call 203-920-1444 or visitwww.CSKimPlastics.com to schedule a consultation with our renowned board-certified surgeon today!
- Learn more about Silvermine, CT 06850
- Open a Silvermine, CT map
- Find the Silvermine, CT United States Post Office
- Locate nearby Silvermine, CT pharmacies
- View the current Silvermine, CT weather report
- Browse a list of Silvermine, CT public and private schools
- Silvermine, CT is located in Fairfield county in Connecticut State